Saturday, February 25, 2012

Modern Bathroom

Remember weeks ago I showed the modern bath I bought? I finally got round to doing the modern bathroom setting!
PP made the vanity unit and I painted it black. I have used 2 sea shells as close to the same size I could find in my collection for the basins. There are 2 chrome towel holders under the towels and 2 shelves in the middle. The faucets are silver cup hooks and taps are all jewellry beads. The lights each side of the mirrors are glass beads, earring hooks and silver spacer beads on the wall. The mirror frames are scrapbook embellishments with the mirrors cut to size. The bathmat is a piece of towelling with a computer print design ironed onto it.

The shower screen is a piece of glass from a photo frame. I then tiled it halfway with stick on tiles. PP made also the shower rose (excuse the blue tack, plumber hasn't been yet!) The towel holder on the floor is a roll-on deodorant lid. Note the "Chanel" towel? I bought a bag of mixed ribbons from an Op shop ages ago and found this ribbon in it with Chanel printed...had to have a designer brand towel in such a modern bathroom!

Now, the toilet! Oh Jazzi is a very happy blogger here...The seat is a flip top from a shampoo bottle and I shaped the bowl from polystyrene foam. Both were painted white. I wasn't happy with the inital paint coverage on the bowl, so i spread a thin layer of Spakfilla over the foam. Once dry, I sanded, painted again, then finished both bowl and seat with Mod Podge. On the wall I have stuck 2 more adhesive tiles and a silver spacer for the flusher. The toilet brush holder is a silver bead with a small piece of dowel painted silver for the handle.
The walls are glossy photo paper (saves time doing all that wet area tiling!) and on the floor is a RL adhesive vinyl granite floor tile.

Miss Amber is very happy as you can see, as she slides into her purple gel-filled bath!
Cheers, Jazzi xx

20 comments:

  1. Oh Jazzi, ese baño es fabuloso, mucha creatividad.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Rosamargarita, I enjoyed doing it too. PP and I wish it were our "real" bathroom!

    Hugz J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so beautiful, it looks like a luxury spa. I can't let Jaynie see it, I'm just hoping that I can figure out how to fit a very small bathroom into Jaynie's Loft. A Big Mini Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te ha quedado genial, si parece que sea de verdad!!! Felicidades!!
    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  5. its great jazzi,i am julia in nsw,where did you get the bathtub?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia welcome to my blog! The bathtub is a Maxwell Williams pot dish! from a House shop outlet. Did you see my giveaway? You are more than welcome to enter..Hugz J xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bathroom is wonderful! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific bathroom and you made so many of the items from "found" items. I like the idea of using photo glossy paper--never thought of that -- actually, I never thought of using a lot of the things you used so creatively!

    Cheers,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bathroom! I enjoy making minis from found objects, too, and I've gotten a lot of ideas from this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou Eliana, Iris and De for your encouraging comments! Hugz J xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice job on the bathroom! I really like reading how you made the various items.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful bathroom! and wonderful ideas! Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Maureen and Anna! So many positive responses from everyone and am glad people are enjoying how I made the mini's! Hugz J xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the shell idea for the sinks. So original. Fabulous bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou Mini Dork...I find your comments hugely flattering as I look at your work often and think how clever you are! Hugz J

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your modern spa bath is so very well executed. I think the toilette is the most creative piece in this room filled with great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are finding my ideas inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The toilet is great. I can't believe you made it from styrofoam!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...